Notice: The library is open and accepting passport applications. However, during this phase of our reopening, we are doing this by appointment only. Please call or e-mail if you would like an appointment.
Iola Public Library is a Passport Acceptance Facility for the U.S. Department of State. To apply, you can either bring in your application or fill one out here. You will need to bring all necessary documents and other items. You will pay your fees here and take the required oath.
For application forms, information on documentation required, how to renew a passport, fees and a wealth of other passport and international travel information, please visit the only official website for passport information, travel.state.gov and review the New Passport Checklist. If this is your first passport, you must apply in person. A passport application is available at the library or online on the U. S. Department of State passport page at travel.state.gov. To save time, complete the application online, print it out and bring it to the library. Do not sign this application before visiting the library to submit your application.
The exact items you need to bring will vary somewhat depending on such things as whether the applicant is a minor and other factors, but in general you will need:
• Proof of citizenship. (usually birth certificate or certificate of naturalization)
• Government Issued ID with Photo. (For example: Updated Driver’s License)
• Photo identification. (you can get photos taken at Wal-Mart for a low fee)
• Checks or money orders to pay fees.
The application fee and additional services fees must be paid by check or money order. The execution fee can be paid by check, money order, cash, or credit card.
Renew my Passport by Mail
You can renew by mail using Form DS-82 if your most recent passport meets all five of these requirements:
- Is submitted with your application
- Is undamaged (other than normal “wear and tear”)
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older
- Was issued within the last 15 years
- Was issued in your current name (or you can document your name change with an original or certified copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order)
Fees for a Passport Book
Check for all applicable fees made payable to the U. S. Department of State. No cash or credit card.
– $110 for an individual 16 years of age or older.
– $80 for an individual 15 years of age or younger.
Fees for a Passport Card
A passport card may be used for international travel by land or sea between the United States and Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean or Bermuda. Check payable to the U. S. Department of State. No cash or credit card.
– $30 for an individual 16 years of age or older.
– $15 for an individual 15 years of age or younger
Library Execution Fee
Check or money order made payable to the Iola Public Library for the $35 processing fee per application.
For more information about passport requirements, fees, and other related information, visit the only official website for passport information, travel.state.gov.
In order to apply for a passport book or card, please read pages 1, 2, 4, and 5 of the “Application for U.S. Passport or Registration” (Form DS-11). Copies of this form are available from staff at the checkout desk at the library, or from travel.state.gov. Applicants should complete the following checklist. Missing information will result in a delay in your passport processing time:
– Complete DS-11 passport application. Completed online or in black ink (with no white out or scribbling). Applicants are responsible for providing legible, complete and accurate information on their passport applications. Incorrect or unacceptable information may result in processing delays and/or denial of the application.
– Appear in person. All ages. No exceptions for children.
– Present valid State Driver license or valid government ID. U. S. Department of State will not accept temporary paper licenses. Applicants under the age of 16 must apply in person with both of their parents or with one parent and completed form DS-3053. Applicants who are 16 or 17 must appear with one parent (parent also provides valid ID).
– Pay the required fees to the U.S. Department of State (check or money order only). Separate checks must be made for each application. See Fees section.
– Proof of U. S. Citizenship (original birth certificate, U. S. Passport or original naturalization certificate). All children under the age of 16 must present their original raised-seal birth certificate. Birth certificates must show the names of both parents.
Please allow 30 minutes after we open and 30 minutes before we close to process your passport application. Below are our exact hours when we can process your application.
Monday, 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Thursday, 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.